We are passionate about client service and providing our clients with the best possible IT hardware maintenance solutions. We are proud to be one of the first third-party maintainers in existence, and a leader in our industry.
The company was founded in 1988 with the philosophy that we will provide a more cost-effective and customized service than can the bureaucracy of an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Our founders rightly envisioned that when we combine the convenience and cost efficiency of providing service across multiple brands and product lines, it will be a very compelling offer. And that with vigorous dedication to service, excruciating attention to detail and advance preparation for our job, we will exceed the service capabilities of our competition. And, we have.
From our Houston origin and humble beginnings, we have grown into a multi-national company providing coverage to the United States, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, Europe, Latin America, APAC, and parts of Africa. SSCS now provides service in over 100 countries and on all inhabited continents. As we continue to expand, we remain focused on the core philosophy and values that initiated our growth.
Our edge is simple: Our product is our service. We are highly focused on our core business of break-fix hardware maintenance. While offering proven capabilities that reach into every aspect of data center operations and consultation, we remain dedicated to surpassing our own standards for high-availability and SLA-driven service delivery.
Our staff is known for going above and beyond expectations and our history of long-term relationships with our clients speaks volumes about the quality of our services. You deserve that we be as dedicated to your needs as are your own employees, therefore we frequently act as an extension of our clients’ IT department and ensure that they have reliable systems with minimal downtime.
SSCS has a well-developed, agile service model that harnesses the core skills and commitment of our highly experienced IT staff, further enhanced by the considerable resources of our global service partner network. Our superior organizational structure gives our global pool of experts the capability to service complex, international enterprise IT clients, while providing native language fluency and knowledge of local customs. An integral element of our service delivery is an extensive logistical ability. This ensures that we meet our clients’ needs with services of the highest quality, consistently exceeding SLA expectations.
We instill a strong sense of accountability and responsiveness in our technical staff and representatives that ensures the quickest path to resolution for our clients. We have a “fix first, ask questions later” policy so that no call goes unanswered – we simply do not say “no.”
We study our clients’ operations so that there are few, if any, operational uncertainties. We ask a series of questions designed to provide a smooth transition to our services, and we accept the answers and adapt accordingly. Our methods allow us to be sensitive to our clients’ needs while keeping our internal costs optimized. We develop flexible strategies, so that we remain consistently dependable in an inconsistent world.
By refining each aspect of service delivery, we earned a reputation for our commitment to excellence and for reducing our clients’ expenses. In many scenarios, we are able to reduce maintenance spend by 50% over the OEM charges and when you consider the other areas that we reduce expense, this figure can go quite a bit higher. But lower cost is only one component of value. There is also ease of administration, contractual convenience, certainty of delivery, and the ability to sustain the relationship for years to come.
Everything we do as a company is geared towards exceeding our clients’ expectations for quality service and added value. We take great pride in our premium support and the long-term relationships that have resulted from our efforts
Ease of ticketing, improved communications, and streamlined processes account for our competitive advantage in rapid response times. Additionally, our clients regularly benefit from fewer service escalations because of the detail and extra effort we put into pre-planning our transition projects. This results directly in improved performance metrics and reduced cost structures, which, in turn, help account for our solid record of building long and healthy client/provider relationships.
With over 27 years of experience, we have the best reputation in the industry. We provide service to a growing list of well-known companies, some have entrusted their infrastructure to us for over fifteen years.
We dramatically expanded our reach over the past decade in order to service our clients wherever they are today, and may be tomorrow.
Our goal is to provide a maintenance service program that retains the familiarity and dependability of local attention while offering all the advantages of global coverage. We accomplish this by offering a single point of contact for your IT service needs, but more importantly, by fostering local relationships between our staff and yours. We developed communication methods and service request mechanisms that are unique in the maintenance and IT services industry.
The purpose of the role of Field Engineer is to action service calls logged by our customers, servicing the calls in a timely manner to ensure SLA’s are met.
The role is based in the Service Delivery function and the objective of the Service Delivery department is to become a leading provider of on-site professional services to ensure to fulfil the highest standards of technical competence and customer support.
Role Responsibilities and Activities:
• Perform Break fix hardware support for customer’s assets within strict SLAs
• Perform IMACs and project related work such as hardware installations, upgrades, patching and decommissioning of old equipment
• Recognize situations requiring a service call escalation and follow proper escalation procedures
• Provide timely, accurate and unambiguous updates
• Validate actual problem and correct parts to be used for service
• Assist EMEA Logistics Co-ordinator in local warehouse activities, processing RMAs for faulty parts under OEM warranty and assist in processing decommissioned and faulty equipment
• Travel to and from customer locations, documenting work activity and maintaining work within established guidelines and procedures
• Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner. Appropriate customer facing dress required
• Participate in training and development courses and assist in training other engineers if required
• The responsibilities outlined above cover the majority of activities involved with this role but this list is not exhaustive and aims to provide some focus and understanding for the role.
Key Skills / Experience:
• Multi-Vendor experience of storage / server and network equipment with the following being critical for the role:
-HP: Proliant Range BL465c (G6-G8), BL685c (G6-G8), DL380 (G6-G8), DL385 (G6-G8)
-Dell: PowerEdge Range, R720 (all generations)
-Sun: M3000, M4000, T2000, V240, V490, T5220
-IBM: P Series advantageous
• Organisational & Customer awareness
• Follow-up and feedback comes naturally
• PC knowledge (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Fluent in English (verbal and written)
• Team player and a people person
• Must be structured and have experience with working in a team environment
Location of the Role:
The role is currently home based in the UK (South-East England, preferably Kent) however it will be required to travel to and from customer/vendor sites daily or as needed throughout the UK. If SSCS open a local office in future, then it will be a requirement to start and end the business day in the office.
Details of the Role:
Role: Field Engineer
Location: Home based (South-East England, preferably Kent), however in future may be office based
Terms: Base salary depending on experience + Car Allowance + Phone + Laptop
Here Are Some of the Many Reasons You Want to Join Us
• Regionally appropriate benefits and vacations
• We are a growing company with over 26 years in business!
• We have a great list of clients of well known, international companies
• Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
SSCS is a global IT Services firm and a full-service hardware maintenance services provider. Our Marque clients include General Motors, Shell, Chevron, Intel, Raytheon, Toshiba, Toyota, HCA, Boston University, Boeing and hundreds more.
The company was founded over 28 years ago in Houston, TX and has grown to provide coverage to the United States, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, Europe, Latin America, APAC, and Africa. SSCS now provides service in over 120 countries. As we continue to expand, we remain focused on the core philosophy and values that initiated our growth.